Admission to the museum is free.
Please allow at least an hour for your visit.
The museum is open Monday – Saturday, 10 am – 4.45 pm, last admission 4.30 pm
We are closed on Sundays, Christmas and Bank Holidays except May Day Bank Holiday.
- Face coverings are not mandatory during your visit, but we encourage you to wear one.
- Please follow staff guidance about sanitising hands and route around the museum
- Enjoy your visit, it is so good to have you back!
Our address is:
40 Grove Street,
We are located on Grove Street, Retford, a short walk from the Market Square. Car parking is restricted to 30 min outside the museum. Blue badge holders can use designated on road parking for a whole day. The nearest pay and display long stay car parks are located on Chapelgate (DN22 6PL), New Street (DN22 6EA) and Churchgate (DN22 6PA).
Retford is well served by road and public transport. There is a regular bus service from Doncaster, Gainsborough and Worksop. The bus station is a 5 minute walk from the museum.
Retford is also conveniently placed on the East Coast Main Line and the railway station is approximately 20 minutes walk from the museum.
- Gift shop. Browse a range of local history books, postcards and gifts.
- Toilets including accessible toilets.
- Baby changing facilities.
- Breastfeeding friendly.
- There is no café on site, but you are welcome to bring a picnic and enjoy it in our garden. Please note that food and drink is not permitted in the galleries.
- Dogs are welcome on leads.
The ground floor of the museum, the Percy Laws Gallery and the Rural Heritage Centre are accessible to wheelchair users.
Amcott House is a grade II* listed building. For this reason we have been unable to install a lift and therefore we regret that access to the first floor is by stairs only. Please contact us if you would like assistance with your visit.
Tel. 01777 713749